Posted: 2005-06-16 / Author: Alan Rae
How To Successfully Use Direct Mail As A Low Cost Marketing Strategy For Sustainable Sales GrowthWhile direct mail is yesterday’s technique for attracting interest it still has an important role in maintaining contact with individuals with whom you already have a relationship. But it’s an expensive medium in today’s marketing. We show you how to get the most for your money.
Purpose of the Class
We want you to be clear about what the strengths and weaknesses of direct mail are – when to use it and when to use another medium and above all to give you some ideas of the variety of response mechanisms that you can use to deliver and get meaningful call to action to work for you.
· Direct Mail is part of an ongoing Customer Relationship Management sequence
· Cold mailings vs. relationship building with existing customers
· How to choose who to send it to
· Constructing the offer and writing the copy
· Designing the call to action
· Tracking the response
· How to follow up
· How many contacts do you need?
Questions this Class will answer
· When should I use direct mail?
· How do I maximise the response I get?
· How do I track the success?
· What inserts should I use?
· What are the most effective calls to action?
· When should I use a fulfilment house?
Common problems this class will help you overcome
· Having no clear idea of what you want from the customer
· Using direct mail as a shotgun rather than a rifle
· Not having a clear call to action and an easy follow up mechanism
· Not tying into to other, concurrent marketing activities
· Not updating the database after the event