Posted: 2005-06-16 / Author: Alan Rae
Using The 5 Key Copywriting Secrets To Boost Your Marketing And Skyrocket Your SalesThe key issue for the small business owner doing his own promotion. Your business is an expression of your own purpose. You must develop a story of how YOU relate to the market in a way that resonates with your customers’ values, aspirations and language. Good copy is the foundation of successful story-telling
Purpose of the Class
To help you define your story and then to give you some pointers in how to tell it. What the main drivers and triggers are that people respond to. When to make it long – and when to make it short. In essence to help YOU develop copy that sells.
· Decide what your purpose is – and how this will help you serve the market.
· Understand how different segments of your customers think and what their value systems are.
· Understand customer motivations, Pain, Fear, Greed, Fashion, indulgence, Altruism
· Understand the triggers and mental programmes that people respond to – authority, peer pressure, time deadlines etc
· Copy for electronic media needs to be short sharp and to the point but above all FACTUAL
Questions this Class will answer
· How do I identify what my key messages are?
· How do I communicate them to my customers?
· How do I make use of the customer’s hopes and fears to get him to contact me?
· Why an “it does exactly what it says on the tin” approach works
· How do I use offers in my copy to boost my attractiveness?
Common problems this class will help you overcome
· Trying to be too clever
· Focusing on ourselves rather than the customer
· Focusing on features rather than benefits
· Focusing on product knowledge rather than pain